DESIGN TECHNICIAN (ENTRY LEVEL)
Job Title: Design Technician (Entry Level)
Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Director of Construction
Location: Corporate Office Indianapolis
USAutomatic Fire and Security is a premier fire protection and security company serving the Greater Midwest for more than 25 years. We are currently seeking talented and energetic individuals to join our team. USAutomatic is committed to providing best in class service to our customers in a fun, team centered environment.
Interested in being an integral part of protecting lives and property? As a Design Technician at USAutomatic you will be a key contributor in helping prevent loss of life and property due to fire. The Design Technician is responsible for designing/drafting drawings for the proper installation of fire protection, security and life safety systems.
You Will Learn To:
- Utilize CAD and other associated programs to design and layout fire protection, security, and life safety systems for proper installation.
- Coordinate with project managers and sales team members on project scope implementation and transfer information to blueprints, shop drawings, and as-builts
- Support multiple projects and phases of projects at any given time.
- Perform drawing changes throughout project as well as design as built drawings for accurate records of project completion.
- Create Purchase orders and mange inventory for life cycle of projects
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work.
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and provide solutions.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Identify ways to enhance processes and productivity to improve efficiency, quality of service and the customer experience.
- Associate Degree in technical/engineering field
- 2-4 years CAD experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
- Lift and carry 70lbs
- Ability to safely climb and work on ladders.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in varying work environments
USAutomatic Fire and Security offers an exciting professional work environment with a comprehensive pay and benefits package. We also provide extensive training and continual education through our State of the Art Flashpoint Training Center to ensure our employees are up to date with the latest codes and advancements in the industry.